5 Food Safety Tips For Your Business
Regardless of whether you have a five star restaurant or a small food stall, food hygiene is hugely important. Without good food hygiene, there is no guarantee that the food you are making and selling is safe to eat. Not only can this be dangerous to those consuming the food, but it can be detrimental to the success of the business overall. Therefore, it’s very important for everyone at the business to understand what good food hygiene is.
Top Food Safety Tips for Businesses
1. Book a Food Safety Course - One of the best ways to ensure that your staff are practicing a high level of food safety is to book a food safety course. It’s ideal for anyone requiring the basic level of food hygiene training such as food handlers, chefs, kitchen assistants and waiters.
2. Be Mindful of Allergies - As a business offering food, you will have customers with specific food allergies and intolerances. In order to keep them safe, and to showcase yourself as a business that caters to all customers, you must provide accurate allergen information and handle all food allergens correctly in the kitchen. This may mean keeping certain foods away from others and using new utensils for certain meals.
3. Thoroughly Clean Surfaces, Appliances and Cooking Equipment - It’s important to thoroughly clean everything that is used in a kitchen, as bacteria and germs can grow anywhere that food has been. It’s helpful to have clear cleaning procedures in place, so that all staff know what needs to be done and what’s expected of them.
4. Always Store Food Safely - It’s not simply enough to store food in the first container you find and place it on the shelf, as this doesn’t protect food from harmful bacteria. You will need to have adequate containers and space to store food in the fridge, freezer and on shelves as required. Any food that has not been correctly stored must be disposed of, which is a waste of money and food.
5. Practice Good Personal Hygiene - Ensuring food safety as a business isn’t just about food hygiene, it’s actually also about personal hygiene. Anyone who comes into contact with food should have excellent personal hygiene, which includes regular hand washing and clean clothing.
At Esky, we understand the importance of food safety and that is why we offer a food safety course. It’s ideal for small businesses, food establishments and individuals who work in the food industry. To find out more, get in touch with the Esky team or book your course online.