Provide Correct Workplace Facilities
You must protect the Health & Safety of everybody in your workplace. You are also required to provide welfare facilities for your employees. Topics you need to consider are outlined below;
To provide a healthy working environment, you must make sure there is:
- Good ventilation.
- A reasonable working temperature (usually at least 16°C, or 13°C for strenuous work).
- Lighting suitable for work to be carried out.
- Enough room space and suitable workstations.
- A clean workplace.
To maintain a safe workplace you must:
- properly maintain your premises and equipment.
- keep floors and traffic routes free from obstruction.
- have windows that can be opened and also cleaned safely.
For your employees' well-being you must to provide:
- toilets and hand basins, with soap and towels or a hand-dryer.
- drinking water.
- a place to store clothing and somewhere to change if needed.
- somewhere to rest and eat meals.
If you'd like to see more blog articles like this, please share with others who might find it useful to support us. You can use the buttons below;